Belmont House Hotel – Who We Are
The Controller of Your Personal Information
Under applicable data protection laws, we are required to advise you who is the controller of your personal information. The controller of, and the person responsible for the personal information covered by this policy is Belmont House Hotel, Rathfriland Road, Banbridge, BT32 3LH.
Terminology used in this Policy
A “customer” is someone who makes a booking, or stays or uses any of the services, at our hotel.
A “contact” is someone who makes an enquiry, or contacts us, on our website or in person or by letter, phone or email.
“BHH, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Belmont House Hotel. “You” and “your” refer to our customers and contacts.
Personal Information we collect and hold, and the purpose for which we use it
What Personal information do we collect from our customers? The personal information we collect may include:-
- Name, email address & phone number
- Where you booked your accommodation, either directly through phone, email or a third party booking site
- Payment card information
- Transactional data including details about payments from you
How is our customers’ personal data collected?
We will collect this data from you when you provide it to us by phone, email, post, through our website, through a third party booking site or in person.
Legal Basis for Processing our Customers’ Information
We will only use your personal information as the law permits. By law we are required to tell you the legal basis upon which we rely in processing your personal information. The legal basis we principally rely upon are as follows:-
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract between us for the provision of services or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract
- It is necessary for the purposed of the legitimate interests of pursuing and developing our business, where such interests are not overridden by your rights or interests.
Occasionally we may also rely upon the following legal basis for processing:-
- You have given your consent to the processing; and/or
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
What do we use our customers’ personal information for?
We intend to use your personal information for the following purposes:-
- To fulfil your bookings and/or to provide services or facilities you request from us
- To collect payments from you
- Where you have made a reservation with us, to send you information before your visit to confirm the reservation and to provide you with other information relating to your reservation which we think you may find of interest
- To send you marketing and promotional material where we think this may of interest to you (only if you have signed up to our mailing list)
- Where required by law
Sharing your personal information with others
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party except where required by law or as follows: –
- To professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- To third parties who provide services to us, and act as data processers for us
- To HM Revenue & Customs, regulators or other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Please note that we do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or discloses. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. BHH’s retention period for personal data is a maximum of 6 years.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all the personal information we hold about you when it is no longer required.
How to Contact Us
FAO: GDPR Controller
Belmont House Hotel, Rathfriland Road, Banbridge, BT32 3LH